Some Facts About Hypnosis
- Hypnosis does not involve mind control, magic, unconsciousness, or sleep.
- You cannot be made to enter hypnosis against your will.
- Hypnosis is a natural experience. It happens every day when we become absorbed in doing something like driving, reading, or watching TV. If you can be drawn into the fantasy of a movie, you can being hypnotized.
- Your senses are awake and alert in hypnosis—in fact the senses are heightened, more aware, and able to focus intently. Background noises are not a distraction.
- You may experience time distortion—the session could seem lengthier or shorter than you know.
- You are in control at all times during hypnosis.
- You say and do only what you would normally say or do in a fully conscious state.
- The subconscious mind makes up about 90 percent of your total mind capacity and contains a mental movie, or imagery of everything that has happened in your life—events, behaviors, and emotions.
- As you enter hypnosis you bypass the conscious mind and can access information in the subconscious mind.
- The use of hypnosis allows you to make changes quickly and permanently.
- Hypnotherapists use hypnosis to help everyday people cope with everyday problems of living.
- Hypnotherapy can help general self-improvement through stress management.
- Hypnotherapists work in complimentary ways with physicians and other health providers to help optimize the care clients receive.
Benefits of Hypnosis
- Boosts immune system, builds immune system, builds confidence and self esteem, helps you gain harmony, expands the mind in a safe environment
- Become the director of your life—leave the old story behind
- Experience more pleasure—less pain
- Move out of sleepy consciousness into a focused, deeper knowing
- Feel very connected within
- Learn the art of attention, become aware and able to make a conscious, better choice instead of an old habitual, reactive, and destructive choice
- Experience a letting go—a freer, richer, more creative version of self
- Personal imagery allows you to see, feel, touch, smell, taste from a different perspective and heal
- Visually, mentally, spiritually engaging
- Affects the heart rate and blood pressure and is very effective in pain management, healing on a cellular level
- Access the innermost workings of the mind to reach your highest potential
- Hypnotherapeutic results can be restorative, rehabilitative, amazing, fun and miraculous
HYPNOSIS ALLOWS… you to image a better future, associate emotions to future desires and then let go … as you watch them come to be.. IMAGINE BELIEVE ACHEIVE
Joan Teasdale is a Consulting Hypnotist in New York City. She’s a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist in California, and a Certified Therapeutic Guided Imagery Facilitator. Joan offers hypnosis sessions at her West Village NYC office as well as via Skype.